Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Why I Write

The answer to the question, why do I write, is simple. I write because I have to. I write because I am instructed to do so. I write because it is demanded to me by a great deal of teachers and professors. I write because I need to complete a task assigned to me. Finally, I write to be prepared for what lies ahead in my future.
Unfortunately I do not write because I have a great deal of love and passion for writing. However, I write because it is required. Luckily I do not have a fear of writing anymore. I say anymore because when I was younger I disliked writing. But through my years of numerous assignments in elementary school and high school I have overcome my dread for writing. Now, I do not find myself fussing and worrying over writing tasks yet there are still assignments that I find challenging as I progress in age and school.
Although I am not enthusiastic about writing I do feel that it is a good way to gather and express one’s emotions and thoughts. When I am told to write, since I would not volunteer to write on my own, I provide in my writing the way I feel about a certain topic. This allows me to state my personal feelings on the subject as well as my perception and standpoint on the matter.
To conclude the reason of why I write, I want to make clear that I do not hate to write. I like to write so I can put my thoughts into words and become successful in the future. Writing is just not my first
preference.

No comments: