Sunday, October 21, 2007

Fright Fest

Yesterday I traveled to Six Flags Great Adventure with three of my best friends. My boyfriend and some of his friends were suppose to join us but that blew over. Anyway we went to Six Flags because they hold an annual Fright Fest. Fright Fest at Six Flags means that the park is decorated to fit the spirit of Halloween along with ghouls and goblins. The main feature of Fright Fest is the scarry goblins and ghosts! Obviously there are not real ghosts but they are people in costumes with very good, detailed make-up. Many people have heard of Fright Fest and have even been to Fright Fest but I have never had the experience of attending Fright Fest.

My friends and I arrived at the park around 3:00 o'clock. We walked around for awhile trying to figure out which rides were in which direction. Finally we saw a ride that we all wanted to go on however the wait was said to be about four hours. We all agreed to find another ride and when we arrived at another rollercoaster the wait time was also said to be a long wait. So, we decided to eat since it was nearly 5:00 o'clock and Fright Fest began at 6:00 o'clock sharp. We didnt have a variety of dinner options so we resorted to chicken tenders, hot dogs, cheese fries and coca-colas. By the time we were done eating it was 6:05 and the goblins were sent out. So, we began walking until we heard screaming from behind us so we turned around and there was a guy in a mask with a chain saw chasing the people behind us who quickly got in front of us to hide from the man. We also saw a man in handcuffs who was scarring little children which i found mean. The one creature who scarred me the most was a man, who was suppose to have risen from the ground, who dragged a metal shovel along the ground. Just the sound of the scrapping of the shovel on the ground sent chills through my body.

As we walked around to see the rest of the scarry creatures we came across a concert. On the stage was several frightening characters whom were dancing to loud, scary music. We watched for awhile as they performed fairly well and headed for the exit. Since it was packed the car was pretty deep in the parking lot so we had a few giggles and laughs on our way over to the car. When I arrived home the first question my mother and brother had were "Did you get scarred?" And my answer was "Of course!" I recommend those who have not gone to Fright Fest please take an opportunity to go this week or wait till next year. Trust me, it's worth the wait!

No comments: