Friday, October 12, 2007

A Happy Moment


A couple of weeks ago I recieved amazing news. I mean when I heard this I couldn't stop crying but the tears were joyful tears. A couple of my immediate family members were in my backyard when my Aunt Desiree and her boyfriend, Oratzio, announced that they were engaged. They had just got back from the Bahamas where they went for Oratzio's friends wedding. It was there, that Oratzio proposed to my Aunt who is also my Godmother. I was thrilled to hear that my Aunt is finally going to get married because I used to always "bust her chops" that she is 30 years old and is still not married. So, I was pretty excited for her when the news was announced. Wait, it gets better! They are getting married in Italy! Oratzio was born in Italy and moved to the United States with his mother and one of his brothers when he was only 12 years old. The rest of his family still resides in Italy. Since my family is also Italian and his lives there it didn't seem like a bad idea. I am pretty psyched to go to Italy and about 60 people from my family are traveling over to Italy for the wedding (thats not even half of my family). We should have an awesome time since we are also using the time in Italy as our vacation for the summer. The wedding takes place in the beginning of July so the weather is going to be nice and hot. I am so excited and anxious at the same time for my Aunt and her fiance.

No comments: